Saturday, March 4, 2017

THE GOD OF ISRAEL IS THE ROCK OF MY SOUL!

I have written two poems this week that I hope will inspire us to stand strong in defense of Israel and the Jewish people. Anti-Semitism is raging throughout the world like never before, more so lately in the United States. Understanding our Jewish roots means we must consider the origin of our faith and make an investment in God's holy nation and holy people, the Jews. God teaches us some negative lessons through their example in their wilderness journey. Be aware that the persecution they have suffered through the ages will come to us also. We must know how to respond. The God of Israel is the God of the Christians, too, and we will wind up in the same boat. Begin now to cling to the Rock of Ages in these troubling times.

ROCK OF MY SOUL
You are my Rock, You are my fortress,
Rock of the ages, from You I was hewn.
You were the Rock, the spiritual Rock,
That followed the Hebrews, from You I was hewn.
Abraham, Sarah – You said look to them,
But You are the Rock from which I was hewn.
You gave them water when they struck the Rock,
The Rock of Salvation, from You I did drink.
You gave them manna, Your bread, on their journey,
You are My Rock, Your supplies never shrink.
You gave me birth, but You had to raise me,
Using Your hand to chasten, then bless me.
Don’t let me be like the Israelites,
Unmindful, ungrateful, demanding their rights.
But help me to learn from their time in the desert
That mumbling and griping to You is not pleasant.
To know that I’ll enter Your land very soon,
That You are the Rock from which I was hewn,
To know that You’ll shield me from hot and from cold,
For You are the ROCK OF MY SOUL!

(Isa. 51: 1-2; Deut. 32:18; I Cor. 10: 1-11)


By Nancy Petrey – March 4, 2017


SENSATIONAL WOMEN

Erin and Nikki have accomplished great things!
Speaking out at the U.N., they made my heart sing!
They stood up for truth and defended God’s nation,
Drew a line in the sand, and became a sensation!
They remind me of Deborah and Jael with a hammer;*
Nikki didn’t quibble, and Erin didn’t stammer.
The bashing of Israel these women will stop –
Political correctness will tumble and plop!

(*Judges 5)
By Nancy Petrey – March 3, 2017

(U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Asst., Erin Barclay, at UN Human Rights Council in Geneva on March 2, 2017 - http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-urges-human-rights-council-to-end-obsession-with-israel/ and U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, on February 20, 2017 - http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/225347






No comments:

Post a Comment