Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Beginning of My Jewish Roots Journey

Corrie ten Boom's "Hiding Place" in the Beje, Haarlem, 1998
Welcome to my new blog. Thanks to my daughter, Susan Petrey Carriker, for setting it up for me!

My Jewish roots journey began in the 1970s when I read Corrie Ten Boom's "The Hiding Place." My heart was drawn to the plight of the Jews under the Nazis. My prayer was that I would have the courage that Corrie had in hiding the Jews should I ever have the opportunity.

Then when I made my first trip to Israel in 1994, I realized that I had gone back to my roots! The discovery of the Jewishness of Christianity was fascinating, and I began to study the modern Hebrew language. My Savior's identity was clearly Jewish, and His name was/is YESHUA, which means "The Lord is salvation." How appropriate since He would "save His people from their sins" (Matt. 1:21).

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that you are committed to this! In the last few years I have been exploring the Jewishness of my faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fantastic, Warren. Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate your interest in my blog. The main thing is that Yeshua was and is Jewish, so all Christians should be interested in their Jewish roots. Blessings! And Pesach sameach (Happy Passover)!

      Delete